Get ready to fall in love with Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes – a delightful fusion of the classic Philly Cheesesteak’s savory flavors and the saucy goodness of Sloppy Joes. This family-friendly and budget-friendly recipe will become a new favorite in no time, as it’s both easy to make and incredibly delicious.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ cup A.1. Sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Hamburger buns, sliders, etc.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef, onion, green pepper, and salt until the beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the cornstarch to the ground beef and mix until the meat is coated. Pour in the beef broth, A.1. Sauce, and steak seasoning. Stir everything together and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. It will thicken as it simmers and even more once removed from the heat.
- While the meat simmers, set the oven to broil and place the hamburger buns on a cookie sheet. Spread butter on each bun and broil them for a few minutes, being careful not to burn them.
- Once the meat is ready, use a slotted spoon to scoop it onto the bottom half of each bun. Top each portion with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Broil the assembled sandwiches for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Place the top bun with melted cheese on top of the bottom bun with the Philly cheesesteak meat. Serve and enjoy while warm!