Skip to content
- Unsalted Butter: Make sure the butter is cold and cubed into small pieces.
- Flour: Fluffed and leveled to prevent a dry crust.
- Granulated Sugar: Gives the shortbread crust a touch of sweetness.
Cream Cheese Layer
- Cream Cheese: Be sure to bring the cream cheese to room temperature for a completely smooth texture.
- Powdered Sugar: Sweetens the cream cheese filling and gives it more structure.
- Lemon Juice: Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor.
- Whole Milk and Granulated Sugar: A sweet and creamy base for our lemon pudding.
- Eggs: Adds richness and gives the pudding its classic creamy consistency.
- Cornstarch: Helps thicken the pudding.
- Lemon Zest and Lemon Juice: Gives the pudding an extra intense lemon flavor. Remember, freshly squeezed is the way to go!
- Vanilla Extract: Adds flavor depth and warmth to contrast the brightness of the lemon.
- Yellow Food Coloring: Food coloring is optional, but it does give the lemon pudding that bright yellow color.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream and Powdered Icing Sugar: Whipped together to form our homemade whipped cream.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds a touch of warmth and flavor depth.