Prepare yourself for a homemade biscuit recipe that is absolutely heavenly! These Butter Swim Biscuits are incredibly soft and moist on the inside, with a flaky crust on the outside. Pair them with some jam or jelly, and you’ll experience pure bliss.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the buttermilk to the dry ingredients and mix until a moist dough forms.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and pour it into an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Ensure that the dish is of appropriate size and depth to prevent the butter from overflowing during baking.
- Place the dough on top of the melted butter and use a spatula to evenly spread it across the pan, allowing it to touch the sides.
- Cut the unbaked dough into approximately 9 squares, ensuring that each piece is swimming in butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the biscuits turn golden brown on top.
- Enjoy these delectable biscuits for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! They make the perfect accompaniment to any meal. I personally love to savor them with raspberry jam.
Note: These Butter Swim Biscuits are incredibly delicious and easy to make. The combination of moist, buttery goodness with a crispy crust is simply divine. Feel free to experiment with different jams or jellies to find your favorite pairing. These biscuits are a versatile and delightful addition to any dining occasion.