Her legs are amputated after using a common household product – Now she’s warning women everywhere

Lauren Wasser, a California woman, is sharing her story to raise awareness about the risks associated with a common household product: tampons. In 2012, Lauren fell ill with flu-like symptoms, but it turned out to be toxic shock syndrome (TSS) caused by bacterial toxins.

The infection was traced back to the use of tampons, which can lead to TSS if left in for extended periods. Lauren’s condition worsened, and she ended up in a coma for over a week. When she woke up, doctors had to amputate one of her legs due to the severity of the infection.

Since then, Lauren has been on a mission to educate others about the dangers of TSS and has been involved in a legal battle against the tampon brand Kotex Natural Balance. She wants women to be aware of the potential risks associated with tampon use.

Lauren emphasizes the importance of understanding that the vagina is highly absorbent and connected to vital organs. She wants consumers to be informed about the reality of what can happen if proper precautions are not taken.

Despite the challenges she has faced, Lauren remains determined to make a difference and live her life to the fullest. She recently posed alongside Paralympic athlete Amy Purdy, who has also undergone leg amputations.

Lauren’s resilience and advocacy serve as an inspiration to others. By sharing her story, she hopes to prevent similar tragedies from happening to other women.

We applaud Lauren for her courage and commitment to raising awareness about toxic shock syndrome. Help spread her message by sharing this article with your loved ones.

Leave a Reply