Indulge in the comforting goodness of Slow Cooker Beef Tips, a delicious weeknight dinner that will satisfy your taste buds. These tender beef tips are slow-cooked to perfection, creating a savory and hearty meal that your family will adore. With the convenience of the crock pot, this easy recipe allows you to multitask while the flavors meld together to create a mouthwatering dinner.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut in strips, excess fat trimmed
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup dry red wine + splash for deglazing
- 2-½ cups fat-free beef broth
- 2 tbsp corn starch + ¼ cup cold water, whisked together
- Begin by placing the sliced onions and mushrooms at the bottom of a 4.5-quart slow cooker.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Generously season the strips of sirloin steak with salt and pepper, then add them to the hot skillet. Sear the meat on all sides for about 3 minutes, ensuring not to cook it through.
- Transfer the seared meat into the slow cooker, layering it on top of the vegetables.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of red wine to the hot skillet and scrape the bottom to remove any browned meat bits. Pour this mixture into the crock pot.
- Season the beef with pepper again and add the Worcestershire sauce, red wine, and beef broth. Cover the slow cooker and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Uncover the slow cooker and slowly whisk in the cornstarch and water mixture. Cover it again and cook on high for another 45 minutes or until the gravy has thickened.
- Serve the flavorful beef tips over your choice of brown rice, buttered egg noodles, or mashed potatoes for a delicious and satisfying meal.
This Slow Cooker Beef Tips recipe is a fantastic way to create a delectable dinner with minimal effort. The tender beef, combined with the rich flavors of onions, mushrooms, and red wine, will surely become a favorite among your family and friends. Enjoy the comfort of this hearty meal and let your crock pot do the work for you!