Dreamcatchers for Abused Children, a non-profit organization dedicated to reforming the lives of abused children, recently shared a poignant wish list written by a foster child from Oklahoma. The child had endured severe abuse from alcoholic parents and was finally rescued by social services after a concerned neighbor reported the situation.
Once in the care of Dreamcatchers for Abused Children, the organization found the child a loving and supportive new home. When they shared the news with the boy, he created a heartrending wish list of things he desired in his new forever family.
The list includes basic needs that every child should have, but unfortunately, were absent in his previous life:
- Food and water
- Safety from physical abuse
- A home with running water and electricity
- Love and no fighting between parents
- An environment free from drugs and violence
- Help with education
- Clean and appropriate clothing
- A clean and safe living space
- A sense of fairness and not having his belongings taken away
- A television for entertainment
- Basic personal hygiene items like a comb, soap, and toothbrush
This heart-wrenching list serves as a powerful reminder that many children endure unimaginable hardships and lack even the most fundamental necessities. It is a call to appreciate and cherish the blessings we have and to extend compassion and support to those in need.
Let’s share this story to spread awareness and encourage empathy towards children in vulnerable situations.