Woman Hospitalized After Accidentally Using Super Glue Instead of Eye Drops

A Painful Mishap Goes Viral

In a distressing incident, a woman found herself in the hospital after mistakenly using super glue as eye drops. The story quickly gained attention on social media, with users expressing their shock and sympathy for the pain she endured. A professional even commented that such incidents are more common than people realize.

An Unfortunate Mix-up

TikTok user @icyylyd shared a video chronicling her hospital visit after mistakenly grabbing super glue instead of eye drops. In her video, which has garnered 4.9 million views, she shares a series of photos accompanied by text describing the steps taken by doctors to separate her upper and lower eyelids.

The first photo shows her eye sealed shut with the caption, “Hospital after mistaking my superglue bottle for my eye drops and my eye shut :))”

@icyylyd Not fun :))) read bottles before using! #fyp #superglueineye #foryoupage #foryou ♬ Love You So – The King Khan & BBQ Show

According to Lyd, the doctors initially had her apply an ointment to dissolve the glue, but unfortunately, it was unsuccessful. She then recounts how they resorted to manually separating her eye by poking at the glue, causing her significant pain.

Finally, Lyd explains that they moved her to a private room and used a metal tool to pry her eye open, eventually succeeding in freeing it from the glue.

Throughout the entire process, Lyd expresses the immense pain she endured.

Clarifying the Mistake

As the story circulated, some people speculated that the hospital was to blame for the mix-up. However, Lyd later clarified that it was her own mistake and not the fault of the medical professionals.

The incident serves as a reminder of the importance of double-checking labels and being cautious when handling substances that could have serious consequences if used incorrectly.

Leave a Reply